Four Days Intensive Workshop
This four-day course has been designed to introduce a variety of perspectives on knowledge management (KM) and leadership in the public and private sector.
What are the objectives?
- Addresses the practical challenges that managers face as they seek to build, upgrade and exploit knowledge assets within their organizations
- Explore the different perspectives on KM
- Debate the importance and value of managing knowledge within your organization
- Align KM thinking with broader, more traditional strategic approaches
- Using participants’ own organizations as cases, participants will explore how and when they can establish KM initiatives in their organizations and who will be involved?
- Identify and examine the objectives, advantages, drawbacks, models, stages and requirements of KM framework
- Understand how the new KM system will allow you to capture and store knowledge through various mechanisms
What will you learn?
- Subjects covered within the workshop will include: an introduction to KM; initiating KM projects in your organization; KM technologies and systems
- Understand what is KM Framework: the behaviours, standards and solutions that allow you to share and use information to support your sector, division and personal goals
- Provide examples of relevant knowledge items and the documents you will need to populate the new KM system and to share across your organization
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the KM Office as part of a hub and spoke model to ensure consistency in standards and approach as well as the role of Knowledge Champions in the establishment of the KM culture within your organization.
Who should attend?
- The workshop covers materials for all levels from supervisory through to senior level
- Managers and directors responsible for transformation, project, programme, knowledge, innovation or change management
- Experienced managers who have significant futures oriented management responsibilities, and who are interested in reflecting on their own experience and discovering new ideas
- Public, voluntary and private sector managers responsible for leading change and transformation efforts
- Academics including researchers and students who are interested in KM and in being part of an engaging educational experience that explore the challenges and opportunities that face organizations
- For each session there is an activity or set of activities. These are designed to help you engage with the introduction to the theories explored within the workshop
- Your tutor will be on hand to guide you through the course and will expect you to bring to bear personal experience and reflection on the topics covered
- Group work will be required for participants to engage in the workshop. Such activity allows participants to embed the new knowledge within their experience through active discussion and challenge
Included in the course fee, the following learning materials will be provided:
- All overhead transparencies
- Case studies (print and video) used on the course
- Certificate of attendance.