- Managing Knowledge and Innovation for Business Sustainability in Africa
Addressing the issues that will be central to Africa’s various attempts to effectively manage knowledge and innovation for sustainable business management, this edited book makes a timely contribution to research on business in Africa.
- From Oil to Knowledge: Transforming the United Arab Emirates into a Knowledge-Based Economy Towards UAE Vision 2021
First book to present and critically evaluate the extent of the UAE’s success in diversifying its economy and implementing the principles and approaches of a Knowledge Economy.
- Global and Local Resources in Achieving Sustainable Development
Examines how the structure of the capitalist world-system affects the developmental choices of many DCs and the vital role of transportation in the world economy.
- 13 Key Performance Indicators for Highly Effective Teams
This book outlines the challenges faced by both team leaders and team members in 21st-century workplaces. It proposes 13 key performance or “team health” indicators for highly effective teams in the UK.
- Business Excellence and Competitiveness in the Middle East and North Africa
This book outlines key factors that are influencing and influenced by the business environment in the MENA region and that are essential for achieving business excellence and competitiveness in the region.
- Smart KM Model: An Integrated Knowledge Management Framework for Organizational Excellence
The book aimed at managers of corporations and government policy makers to help ensure KM becomes part of organizational culture.
- Food Security in Sudan: Policies and Strategies
The main objective of the book is to review and analyse the current food security strategy and nutritional and agricultural policies in the Sudan.
- Science, Technology and Sustainability in the Middle East and North Africa
This book critically examine the complex relationship between science, technology and the environment in MENA.
- Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century
This is a truly global source book, which is reflected in the varied national and cultural origins of the contributors, as well as the topics and case studies covered.
- Role of Diaspora in Technology Transfer and Achieving Sustainable Development in Sudan
This book provides a stimulus for knowledge exchange and discussion that focuses on issues relating to the role of diaspora in TT and achieving SD to critically examine the relations and links between diaspora, Sudan and host countries.
- Reconnecting Universities with the Discourse of Sustainable Inclusive Growth
The critical focus of this book is reconnecting Sudanese academic and research institutions with the discourse of sustainable inclusive growth.
- African Entrepreneurship in Global Contexts: Enterprise Solutions for Sustainable Development
Editors: Sonny Nwankwo, University of East London, UK Allam Ahmed, University of Sussex, UK
- Best Practices of Business Incubators in Developed and Developing Countries: The Roadmap for the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries
This book argues that business incubators must be adapted by the GCC countries to support diversifying their economies, the commercialization of new technologies, job creation and wealth building.
- Achieving Sustainable Development in Africa: Science, Technology and Innovation Trajectory
The purpose of this Book is to address issues that will be central to the Africa’s SD through efficient and effective management of STI policies.
- Green Behaviour: Re-thinking Policy for Sustainability
The book explores the role that policies can play in modifying consumer behaviour and provide recommendations for implementing market-friendly policies for a sustainable future.
- West Meet East: Sharing the Past and Current Experience to Benefit the Future
Include topics of great importance such as public health, education, transportation and many more; the emphasis has been on the importance of evidence based planning to achieve a sustainable future for all.
- Sustainable Development: New Multi-Disciplinary Approaches and Methodologies
This volume is a compilation of the best papers presented during the 11th WASD Annual Conference held in London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, UK 2013.
- Change, Innovate and Lead for a Sustainable Future
The book discusses change management, innovation and knowledge management, and the role of leadership in engaging organisations and preparing them for a sustainable future.
- Sharing Knowledge Making a Difference: The Role of International Scientific Cooperation
This volume includes various research and case studies emphasising the importance of sharing knowledge for international scientific cooperation.
- Towards epistemic sovereignty: (Re)-thinking development in a changing global political economy
The book covers a range of topics that ensemble endeavour to address growing concerns about the problems of the third world underdevelopment, even after decades of experimentation with one development strategy or another; all of which failed to deliver the majority of the world’s population from the bowels of poverty.
- Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on the Environment, Energy and Sustainable Development
This volume explores global viewpoints and the latest thinking about the ways in which the recent global financial crisis may affect achieving sustainable development particularly in developing countries with an in-depth focus on deteriorating environmental conditions, energy, obesity and climate change.
- Managing Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future
This volume explores global viewpoints on the role of STI in solving global problems related to sustainability and the growing concerns for the future of our interlocked ecological, political and economic systems in a highly populated world that is characterised by major social and economic disparities.
- Managing Knowledge, Technology and Development in the Era of Information Revolution
Managing Knowledge, Technology and Development in the Era of Information Revolution
- Global Competitiveness: a Common Goal in a Digital Society
The book includes chapters on issues to do with “Globalization, Technology and Sustainable Development” written by experts from allover the world.
- Role of Academic Institutions and Societies in Achieving the Millennium Development Goals
This book critically examines the factors, frameworks and paradigms that would enable universities and institutions of higher education to contribute more fully in achieving the MDGs and SD.
- From localization to building national capacity towards Qatar’s Vision 2030
This book aims to significantly contribute to Qatar’s capacity building of its local nationals through its heavy investment and continuous reforms in education, training and labor market.
- Marketing and Society: Contemporary African Perspectives
This book on Marketing and Society in contemporary African contexts offers both introspections and retrospections on the role of marketing in shaping African identities within their indigenous African contexts.