Allam is currently based at the University of Sussex as a Senior Lecturer at the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), which is a world leader in research, consultancy, and teaching in the field of science and technology policy. It was at the University of Sussex that Allam founded and led the MSc International Management Programme. In 2016 he joined the University of East London as a Visiting Professor at the Royal Dock School of Business and Law.
As an expert in the fields of knowledge management, technology transfer and management, public policy, sustainable development, and sustainability marketing and policy Allam is regularly sought out as a consultant to regional and international organisations, including:
- European Commission on International Scientific Cooperation;
- World Bank;
- European Union;
- Economic and Social Research Council, UK (ESRC);
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research;
- World Food Programme;
- Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and other United Nations organisations;
- Oxford University Press;
- Various governments in Africa, Europe, and the Middle East.
Allam was born in Sudan, where he spent his childhood and early youth, completing his BSc (Hons.) in Marketing at University of Khartoum. He then moved to the UK for postgraduate school. He received an MBA/MSc in Business Management from the Royal Agricultural College University. He was awarded the RAC Scholarship and Prestigious Book Prize for Best MSc/MBA Dissertation. Finally, he went on to complete his PhD in Knowledge and Technology Transfer at Edinburgh Napier University.
Before becoming part of University of Sussex’s faculty he explored a wide variety of teaching and professional experiences, including:
- University of East London (Royal Docks School of Business and Law)
- Edinburgh Napier University (Business School)
- University of Edinburgh (School of Economics)
- University of Leicester (Centre for Labour and Market Studies)
- Regents Business School, London
- Schiller International University, London
- Amity Business School, India
- University of Khartoum, Sudan
Allam is a widely published author and academic. He has over 120 publications, including fourteen books. His academic articles focus on knowledge and technology transfer and management, sustainable development, and sustainability marketing and policy. Allam serves on the editorial board for eight international journals in the topics of science and technology, knowledge management, business, entrepreneurship, marketing, management, strategy, and international business. He is also currently the Editor-in-Chief of:
- World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development (WJSTSD);
- World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development (WJEMSD);
- International Journal of Food, Nutrition and Public Health (IJFNPH);
- International Journal of Innovation and Knowledge Management in Middle East and North Africa (IJIKMMENA);
- Middle East Journal of Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Sustainable Development (MEJELSD);
- International Journal of Sudan Research (IJSR); and
- Environment and Natural Resources International Journal (ENRIJ)
Allam Ahmed is the Founding President of:
- World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD);
- Sudan Knowledge (SK); and
- Middle Eastern Knowledge Economy Institute (MEKEI).
For more than 25 years Allam has presented keynotes and public speeches to a wide range of audiences of all levels including: academic settings, international organisations, and government officials. He has been the recipient several international medals and awards for his contribution to international scientific research. Allam is listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in the World (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016), Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Business (2009 and 2010), and Marquis Who’s Who in America (2012 and 2014).
For more information about Allam Ahmed visit his interactive CV section of this website.