Working with the Centre for Innovation, Management and Enterprise (CIME) undertaking research, knowledge exchange and consultancy.[/expand]
The mission of MEKEI is to use research and education to help transform the MENA countries to advanced, knowledge-based societies led by sustainable innovation and social advance. More details ...
The main objectives of the centre are to:
- Conduct advanced strategic research on the performance and transformation of the region into a sustainability, knowledge-intensive economy.
- Provide policy advice and training based on concrete evidence and analysis to regional policy makers and business leaders.
- Develop Middle Eastern research capability with other leading international research centres worldwide.
Senior Lecturer, Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), University of Sussex, UK
In 2006 I established MSc International Management (IM) which is the most successful MSc programme run by the school and the University of Sussex. Also Director of Studies Research Students (PhD); Admission Tutor for Business Studies and School Investigating Office. More details ...
I have been responsible for the design and teaching of several PG and UG courses.
- Research Methods and Dissertation (MSc)
- Business and Project Management (MSc)
- Marketing Analysis and Financial Strategy (MSc)
- Fundamentals of Global Management (MSc)
- Managing Technology in a Global Economy (MSc)
- Technology Transfer and Commercialization (MSc)
- Information and Communication Technology Policy and Strategy (MSc)
- Managing Complex, Products and Systems (MSc)
- International Business (MSc)
- Introduction to Sustainable Development (MSc)
- Managing Change (UG)
- Innovation Management (UG)
- Strategy (UG)
- Communication Skills for Management (UG)
Established BBS MBA Knowledge and Innovation Management programme (first in the UK) as well as several KM research and executive programmes in the UK and in the MENA region.
Project Manager and Founding Knowledge Manager, Department of Municipal Affairs (DMA), Abu Dhabi
Leading the Government of Abu Dhabi’s major Knowledge Management Project – first of its kind in the Middle East – “Musharaka – Excellence through Knowledge”. More details ...
My role involved various managerial, operational, research, supervision and teaching tasks:
- Various research activities and lectures in KM and ICTs related topics to government employees and research students from the universities.
- Managing the collection and organization of data information in order to capture, securely store, and appropriately disseminate the knowledge relevant to the initiatives and practices of DMA and Municipalities. More than 9000 valid knowledge documents have been uploaded and shared across the system.
- Organise of 4 major conferences on KM attended by more than 1000 employees from DMA and other government entities. Also Musharaka was the only case study selected by the United Nations to be presented in the latest UN World Conference on ICTs and Development, Abu Dhabi, 5th December 2010.
- More than 75 awareness sessions about KM and Change Management attended by more than 2000 staff and students. Musharaka was selected as one of the top five case studies in terms of change management in the world by the Association of Change Management Professionals, United States, 2010.
- Eleven KM seminars attended by more than 2500 staff from DMA, students from university as well as almost 40 entities (public and private) from across UAE.
- Establishment of Communities of Practices (CoPs) across all sectors and disciplines. There are twenty CoPs established so far with a total of more than 500 members.
- Development and implementation of standardised knowledge management processes and procedures and ensure communities communications are created and sent to all staff each quarter.
- Ensure the publication process is clearly communicated to all staff and that the relevant access levels are in place for submitting and reviewing knowledge documents.
- Requirements gathering and design of all future KM initiatives.
- Coordinating and managing all new joiners training sessions.
- Encourage the knowledge sharing among employees in the Municipal System and students in universities.
- Establishment of performance measurements for evaluating Musharaka. Three Operational KPIs and three Processes recommended and agreed with the recently launched Business Process Reengineering (BPR) project.
- Ten quick wins projects completed successfully across all Abu Dhabi’s municipalities.
Facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff across the world and particularly from Africa and other developing countries. UNESCOTT aims to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of transfer of technology. More details ...
My role is to:
- Facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff across the world and particularly from Africa and other developing countries.
- Develop qualified human resources and capacity-building to contribute to the implementation of the national action programme.
- Undertake necessary public technology transfer awareness campaigns.
- Supervise appropriate training programmes in concerned ministerial programmes.
Sudan Knowledge is an academic and highly professional non-profit organisation aims to promote the exchange of knowledge and information about Sudan and actively promote the potential of all Sudanese Diaspora across the world to help achieving Sustainable Development.
CIM award Fellow to members with a strong marketing background, and have held a role such as Chief Executive, Executive Director, Senior Marketing Executive, Professor of Marketing, Senior Academic or Senior Marketing Consultant, for at least fifteen years.
Centre for Labour Market Studies, School of Management
Director MSc International Management; Programme co-ordinator Diploma in Credit Insurance and Surety; Director of Studies Research Students (PhD) and responsible for the design and teaching of several PG and UG courses. More details ...
I initiated, developed and acted as programme co-ordinator for UEL Postgraduate Diploma in Credit Insurance and Surety. In association with the International Institute for Practitioners in Credit Insurance and Surety (IPCIS) and UEL, I ran the day-to-day administration of the programme with our international partners. In particular, the organisation of the teaching content of the programme, appointing examiners for assessed work and supervisors for dissertations, monitoring student progress and advising those students in academic difficulties.
Fully responsible for running UEL MBA/MSc IB programmes in association with Amity Business School, New Delhi – India. UEL and Amity partnership programme offers a wide range of UG and PG degree programmes in India, together with additional progression routes through to programmes at UEL. My role involves the follow-up of the signed Memorandum of Understanding between the two institutions which involves the validation of some Amity’s programmes by UEL. My role also involved ensuring that the teaching and quality management processes in India is equivalent to our UK high quality of education. Other responsibilities within the programme involved a number of progression routes for students with strong grades from Amity to complete their studies at UEL. I was also responsible for the joint PhD supervision arrangements for research students from Amity and UEL.
Director of Studies Research Students (PhD)
I was responsible for the design and teaching of several PG and UG courses:
- International Business and Markets Operations (MBA/MSc)
- Marketing (Level 1)International Business and Market Operations (PG)
- Strategic and International Management – 2 (Level 3)
- International Business Environment (Level 3)
- Strategic and International Management – 1 (Level 2)
As one of the world’s largest association debating issues relating to world sustainable development, WASD is a unique global forum and that brings together people from across the world to discuss key issues relating to business, management, science, technology, etc that impact effort across the world to achieve Sustainable Development.
Teaching several courses within the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) including Fundamentals of Marketing (CIM Diploma Level), International Marketing (Level 2), and Essentials of Marketing (Level 1).
Teaching Macroeconomics and Mathematics (Level 2) within the economics, business and management programmes.
CIM award CM to professional members with outstanding practical experience and expertise, and who are committed to continuing professional development.
Responsible for the design and teaching of several courses within the economics, business and management programmes: Introduction to Global Economy (Level 2), Economics (Level 2), Economics (Level 1). I carried out the first detailed analysis identifying an additional technological gap within developing countries that hindered technology transfer.
CIM is the leading international body for marketing and business development.
My role involved providing consultancy, analysis, and technology solutions for a wide range of organisations within the private and public sectors such as Bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows.
Deputy Project Manager and Head of Translation Unit
More details ...
- Responsible for all technical and scientific reports relating to all governmental and private institutions such as the Ministry of Finance and National Economy, Ministry of Commerce, Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry, etc.
- Monthly and annually reports to the Board of Directors and the Head Management.
- Direct communication with most companies and businesses leaders in the Gulf region as well as our liaison offices overseas.
- Direct responsibilities for the daily communication with different consultants and experts from Holland, Singapore, Japan, Denmark, UAE, Germany, UK and USA.
- Necessary actions regarding the different claims, settlements, disputes resolution, litigation with other organisations as well as the preparation of different types of Contracts and Agreements.
- Full responsibility for the complete accounts Arabic translation for the head office as well as different national branches.
Head of Scientific Translation Section
More details ...
- Translation of all types of documents, legal translation, claims, settlements, disputes resolution, litigation as well as all financial documents.
- Preparation and translation of different types of Contracts and Agreements.
- Interpretation whenever necessary.
- Working with major Audio-Vision companies in the region to incorporate energy into the production of high quality cassettes.
- Planning the strategy of installation of a big studio in Riyadh.
Director for Africa
More details ...
Founded in 1957, IAAS is one of the world’s biggest student organizations. The aims of IAAS are to promote the exchange of knowledge, information and ideas among students, and to improve the mutual understanding between countries and cultures.
My role involved the following:
- Supervision of members from 11 African member countries.
- Organisation of training programs, regional and international conferences, seminars, etc.
- Fund raising from international bodies such as EU, FAO, World Bank, UNDP, etc.
- Responsible for an annual budget of over $50.000.
- Official delegate to FAO-Head Quarters, Rome: Italy.
- Co-ordinated community development plans for the 1st African Village Concept Project in Sudan.